May our hearts come together – http://yawarbaig.com/2016/10/13/may-our-hearts-come-together/
وَرَبُّكَ يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاء وَيَخْتَارُ مَا كَانَ لَهُمُ الْخِيَرَةُ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَتَعَالَى عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
Qasas 28: 68. And your Rabb creates whatsoever He wills and chooses, no choice have they (in any matter). Glorified be Allah, and exalted above all that they associate as partners (with Him).
People make all kinds of claims about Aashoora. For example that Nuh (AS) was saved with his people on that day, that Ibrahim (AS) was saved from the fire on that day and so on. All those claims have no basis, no Ahadith to support them. We only believe what Rasoolullahﷺ told us. Any claims which are not based on the Qur’an or authentic Ahadith are false and baseless.
1. Musa عليه السلام and his people being saved from Firaun.
2. There’s one Hadith which states about Nuh (عليه السلام) being saved by Ibn Katheer (رحمه الله) which he classified as Ghareeb. Hadith 3904 of Musnad Ahmed also states it which is classified as Da’eef.
There is just one Hadith related to benefits of fasting on aashura:
Abu Qatada reported that a person came to the Messenger of Allah ( صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ) and said:
How do you fast? The Messenger of Allah ( صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ) felt annoyed. When ‘Umar (رضي الله عنه) noticed his annoyance, he said: We are well pleased with Allah as our Lord, with Islam as our code of life, and with Muhammad as our Prophet. We seek refuge with Allah from the anger of Allah and that of His Messenger. ‘Umar kept on repeating these words till his (the Prophet’s) anger calmed down. Then Umar said: Messenger of Allah, what is the position of one who fasts perpetually? He ( صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ) said: He neither fasted nor broke it, or he said: He did not fast and he did not break it. ‘Umar said: What about him who fasts for two days and does not fast one day? He ( صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ) said: Is anyone capable of doing that? He (‘Umar) said: What is the position of him who fasts for a day and doesn’t fast on the other day? Thereupon he ﷺ said: That is the fast of David (peace be upon him). He (‘Umar) said: What about him who fasts one day and doesn’t fast for two days. Thereupon he ﷺ said: I wish I were given the strength to do that. Thereafter he ( صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ) said: Fasting three days every month and that of Ramadan every year is a perpetual fasting. I seek from Allah that fasting on the day of ‘Arafa may atone for the sins of the preceding and the coming years, and I seek from Allah that fasting on the day of Ashura may atone for the sins of the preceding year. (Sahih Muslim – 2746)
Most reliable Hadith about Aashura is:
Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came to Madinah and saw the Jews fasting on the day of ‘Ashura’. He said, ‘What is this?’ They said, ‘This is a righteous day, it is the day when Allah saved the Children of Israel from their enemies, so Musa fasted on this day.’ He said, ‘We have more right to Musa than you,’ so he fasted on that day and commanded [the Muslims] to fast on that day.” [Reported by al-Bukhari, 1865]
Surah Al-Maeda, Ayat 90:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنَّمَا الْخَمْرُ وَالْمَيْسِرُ وَالْأَنصَابُ وَالْأَزْلَامُ رِجْسٌ مِّنْ عَمَلِ الشَّيْطَانِ فَاجْتَنِبُوهُ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ
O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al-Ansab, and Al-Azlam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitan’s (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.
Surah Al-Maeda, Ayat 91:
إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ الشَّيْطَانُ أَن يُوقِعَ بَيْنَكُمُ الْعَدَاوَةَ وَالْبَغْضَاءَ فِي الْخَمْرِ وَالْمَيْسِرِ وَيَصُدَّكُمْ عَن ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَعَنِ الصَّلَاةِ فَهَلْ أَنتُم مُّنتَهُونَ
Shaitan (Satan) wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drinks) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from As-Salat (the prayer). So, will you not then abstain?
Tobacco causes 1 death every 6 seconds yet India is the second leading consumer – https://yourstory.com/2017/07/smoking-india-tobacco-deaths/amp
One million tobacco deaths in India every year, yet politicians in denial –
Alcohol Consumption in India –
How India’s tax system helps cigarettes flourish –
1 Gold Flake 🚬 cigarette packet per day = INR 300 x 365 days x 40 years = INR 4,380,000
Rasoolullahﷺ said: “The worst type of thief is the one who steals from his prayer.” The people asked, “Ya Rasoolullahﷺ, how can a person steal from his prayer?” He said: “By not doing rukoo’ and sujood properly.”
(Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 5/310).
THIS WAS DELIVERED BY SHAYKH AKRAM NADWI
IN A CONFERENCE AT THE AZHAR UNIVERSITY, CAIRO.
DEPT OF ISLAMIC PSYCHOLOGY EDUCATION.
– The purpose of marriage is to have children and then educate them to worship Allah SWT.
– When a child is born, a mother and father are also born.
– The personal development of the parents is just as important as that of the child. This point is often overlooked.
– Modern education seeks to incorporate people into the economy – to make money. Islamic education seeks to train people to become ‘good’ individuals, in terms of their character etc. ‘Good’ meaning to prepare for the Hereafter.
– Your children, before they are your children, they are the slaves of Allah. His rights over them precede your rights.
– Your duty is to teach them and provide them guidance – not to make them pious. You will be questioned whether you taught them right or not.
– Parents need to realise they too are slaves of Allah. His rights over them precede their rights. Don’t become enslaved to them such that you forget Him.
– Children see and hear with their eyes. If you want them to hear, make them see. Parents should be role models.
– Education is primarily given by the family environment. Today, we suffer from the problem of ‘disorientation’ where children, and in many cases parents also, are getting there ideals from elsewhere (e.g. TV etc). Everyone is on a different wavelength and so family ‘unit’ is broken.
– The home should be given precedence over all other environments and used as the measuring-stick by which other things are judged.
– A person can learn from the natural environment. The entire universe is a means to the Remembrance of Allah.
– Piety doesn’t depend upon ‘space’. Abu Bakr became as-Siddiq in a space (i.e. Makkah) where there was much hostility against Islam and Muslims. On the other hand, those who lived in an ‘Islamic state’ did not reach his level. Space can be good at times, but can also make a person lazy since there are no challenges. Thank Allah for the ‘space’, for every new ‘condition’ is a test, and gives you oppurtunity to improve yourself.
– Islam and Iman can never be defeated.
– Teach your children how to remain pure, but also teach them how to purify themselves, through repentance when they slip.
– The law of this universe is that if you want to achieve something, it requires labour. Instil a sense of ‘will’ within your children, so they act willingly.
– Focus must be given to child’s physical growth, as well as their mental growth. Teach them how to read the Qur’an, how to cook, how to clean the house, how to wash clothes etc.
– Develop ‘thinking’ in your child. Otherwise they will do things in order to fulfil their desires. Today, in the guise of ‘freedom’ we are being directed to become more bestial.
– Teach them to always think about the consequences prior to acting.
– 4 key qualities need to be developed in your child:
1) Taharah: purity of the mind, body and heart.
2) Ikhbat: worship of Allah with utmost humility. Teach them the hadith , the love for the Salat, taqwa and zuhd – teach them they weren’t created to be attached to this world.
3) Samahah: a personality which comprises bravery, genorosity, patience, tolerance and controlling of desires. Life is not meant to be just about comfort; it requires struggle and striving.
4) ‘Adalah: be just to them and teach them to be just to others.
Nevertheless we should stand up and tie our belt to motivate them accordingly by the Islamic injunctions and skills.
Thank you May Allah SWT forgive our shortcomings and make us the inhabitants of jannatul firdaussi Amin
هُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسْتَوَى عَلَى الْعَرْشِ يَعْلَمُ مَا يَلِجُ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَمَا يَخْرُجُ مِنْهَا وَمَا يَنزِلُ مِنَ السَّمَاء وَمَا يَعْرُجُ فِيهَا وَهُوَ مَعَكُمْ أَيْنَ مَا كُنتُمْ وَاللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ
Hadid 57: 44. He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and then Istawa (rose over) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). He knows what goes into the earth and what comes forth from it, what descends from the heaven and what ascends thereto. And He is with you (by His Knowledge) wheresoever you may be. And Allah is the All-Seer of what you do.
ثُمَّ قَسَتْ قُلُوبُكُم مِّن بَعْدِ ذَلِكَ فَهِيَ كَالْحِجَارَةِ أَوْ أَشَدُّ قَسْوَةً وَإِنَّ مِنَ الْحِجَارَةِ لَمَا يَتَفَجَّرُ مِنْهُ الأَنْهَارُ وَإِنَّ مِنْهَا لَمَا يَشَّقَّقُ فَيَخْرُجُ مِنْهُ الْمَاء وَإِنَّ مِنْهَا لَمَا يَهْبِطُ مِنْ خَشْيَةِ اللّهِ وَمَا اللّهُ بِغَافِلٍ عَمَّا تَعْمَلُونَ
Baqara 2: 74. Then, after that, your hearts were hardened and became as stones or even worse in hardness. And indeed, there are stones out of which rivers gush forth, and indeed, there are of them (stones) which split asunder so that water flows from them, and indeed, there are of them (stones) which fall down for fear of Allah. And Allah is not unaware of what you do.
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ مَن يَرْتَدَّ مِنكُمْ عَن دِينِهِ فَسَوْفَ يَأْتِي اللّهُ بِقَوْمٍ يُحِبُّهُمْ وَيُحِبُّونَهُ أَذِلَّةٍ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ أَعِزَّةٍ عَلَى الْكَافِرِينَ يُجَاهِدُونَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللّهِ وَلاَ يَخَافُونَ لَوْمَةَ لآئِمٍ ذَلِكَ فَضْلُ اللّهِ يُؤْتِيهِ مَن يَشَاء وَاللّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ
Maaida 5:54 54. O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islam), Allah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allah, and never afraid of the blame of the blamers. That is the Grace of Allah which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower.
اللَّهُ لَطِيفٌ بِعِبَادِهِ يَرْزُقُ مَن يَشَاء وَهُوَ الْقَوِيُّ العَزِيزُ
Shura 42: 19. Allah is very Gracious and Kind to His slaves. He gives provisions to whom He wills. And He is the All-Strong, the All-Mighty.
مَن كَانَ يُرِيدُ حَرْثَ الْآخِرَةِ نَزِدْ لَهُ فِي حَرْثِهِ وَمَن كَانَ يُرِيدُ حَرْثَ الدُّنْيَا نُؤتِهِ مِنْهَا وَمَا لَهُ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِن نَّصِيبٍ
Shura 20. Whosoever desires (with his deeds) the reward of the Hereafter, We give him increase in his reward, and whosoever desires the reward of this world (with his deeds), We give him thereof (what is written for him), and he has no portion in the Hereafter.
قُلْ إِنَّ رَبِّي يَبْسُطُ الرِّزْقَ لِمَن يَشَاء وَيَقْدِرُ وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ
Saba 34:36. Say (O Muhammad ): “Verily, my Rabb enlarges and restricts the provision to whom He pleases, but most men know not.”
قُلْ إِنَّ رَبِّي يَبْسُطُ الرِّزْقَ لِمَن يَشَاء مِنْ عِبَادِهِ وَيَقْدِرُ لَهُ وَمَا أَنفَقْتُم مِّن شَيْءٍ فَهُوَ يُخْلِفُهُ وَهُوَ خَيْرُ الرَّازِقِينَ
Saba 34:39. Say: “Truly, my Rabb enlarges the provision for whom He wills of His slaves, and (also) restricts (it) for him, and whatsoever you spend of anything (in Allah’s Cause), He will replace it. And He is the Best of providers.”
وَلَوْ بَسَطَ اللَّهُ الرِّزْقَ لِعِبَادِهِ لَبَغَوْا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَكِن يُنَزِّلُ بِقَدَرٍ مَّا يَشَاء إِنَّهُ بِعِبَادِهِ خَبِيرٌ بَصِيرٌ
Shura 42: 27. And if Allah were to enlarge the provision for His slaves, they would surely rebel in the earth, but He sends down by measure as He wills. Verily! He is in respect of His slaves, the Well-Aware, the All-Seer (of things that benefit them).
“ O Son of Adam! I desire something and you desire something but only what I desire occurs. If you submit yourself to my desire( i.e. obey Him), I will be sufficient for you in your desire. If you do not submit yourself to me (by disobeying Him), I will tire you in what you desire and (at the end of the day) only what I wish happens and occurs.” .
Another narration: Oh my slave, You want , and I want , but be certain, nothing will happen, unless I want. If you obey me in what I want, I will give you what you want. If you don’t obey me in what I want, I will make you struggle in what you want. But in the end, nothing will happen, except what I want.
Shaykh Mohammed Mutawally Al-Sharaawi (RA); Islamic scholar, once government minister, and a well-known interpreter of the Quran, tells us this Hadith Qudsi: Allah Almighty says:
O son of Adam, do not fear those who have authority over you as long as My Authority endures, and My Authority never runs out.
O son of Adam, do not be afraid of a tight livelihood when My Treasuries are full and My Treasuries never run out.
O son of Adam, do not ask anybody else except Me and I am yours, and when you ask Me you find Me; but if you ignore Me, I will turn away from you, and you will miss out on all that is good.
O son of Adam, I have created you to worship Me, not to play, and I ensured your sustenance so that you do not torment yourself (by worrying about it – let the physical parts of your body work but your heart and mind be in peace by putting your trust in Allah).
I swear by My Power and Might, if you’re satisfied with what I apportioned for you, I will give your mind and body peace, and you have got a welcome, but if you are not satisfied with what I apportioned for you, I swear by My Power and Might, I will make you run after the world like the beasts run in the wild, but then you will have nothing except what I had apportioned to you, and you will have been disgraced.
O son of Adam, the creation of the seven heavens and the earth did not fatigue Me, so will passing you a loaf of bread cause Me to tire.
O son of Adam, I did not forget whoever disobeys Me; how will I forget whoever obeys Me, and I am a Merciful Lord, and I have power over all things?
O son of Adam, do not ask Me for sustenance of tomorrow as I did not ask you for work of tomorrow.
O son of Adam, I love you so it is My Right that you love Me.
Hadith Qudsi 24, An-Nawawi 40 Hadith
On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifaree (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) from his Lord, that He said:
O My slaves! I have forbidden dhulm (oppression) for Myself, and I have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another.
O My slaves, all of you are astray except those whom I have guided, so seek guidance from Me and I shall guide you.
O My slaves, all of you are hungry except those whom I have fed, so seek food from Me and I shall feed you.
O My slaves, all of you are naked except those whom I have clothed, so seek clothing from Me and I shall clothe you.
O My slaves, you commit sins by day and by night, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness from Me and I shall forgive you.
O My slaves, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and you will not attain benefiting Me so as to benefit Me.
O My slaves, if the first of you and the last of you, and the humans of you and the jinn of you, were all as pious as the most pious heart of any individual amongst you, then this would not increase My Kingdom an iota.
O My slaves, if the first of you and the last of you, and the humans of you and the jinn of you, were all as wicked as the most wicked heart of any individual amongst you, then this would not decrease My Kingdom an iota.
O My slaves, if the first of you and the last of you, and the humans of you and the jinn of you, were all to stand together in one place and ask of Me, and I were to give everyone what he requested, then that would not decrease what I Possess, except what is decreased of the ocean when a needle is dipped into it.
O My slaves, it is but your deeds that I account for you, and then recompense you for. So he who finds good, let him praise Allah, and he who finds other than that, let him blame no one but himself. [Muslim]
*Related link*: Supremacy of God was replaced by Supremacy of Man in Christianity. https://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/14-8.htm
In Deuteronomy 14:8 eating pork is clearly prohibited. Yet Christians have ignored this prohibition and pork is the most widely eaten meat in all Christian and Western countries and has been for centuries. The Bible clearly prohibits it, to no avail. The same with prohibition of usury and many other prohibitions of the Bible which are simply ignored.