Ibn Umar (Radhiyallahu Anhuma) narrates that Rasoolullahﷺ said:
There are five things with which you will be tested and I seek refuge with Allahﷻ lest you live to see them:
- Immorality never appears among a people to such an extent that they commit it openly but plagues and diseases that were never known among the predecessors will spread among them.
- They do not cheat in weights and measures but they will be stricken with famine, severe calamity and the oppression of their rulers.
- They do not withhold the Zakaat of their wealth but rain will be withheld from the sky and were it not for the animals rain would not fall on them.
- They do not break their covenant with Allahﷻ and his Messengerﷺ but Allahﷻ will enable their enemies to overpower them and take some of what is in their hands.
- Unless their leaders rule according to the Book of Allahﷻ and seek all good from that which Allahﷻ has revealed, Allahﷻ will cause them to fight one another.”
(Ibn Majah: 4019)