Assalamu Alaikum Dear Community Members
Insha’Allah we hope that you are reading this in the best of Iman and health.
Given the recent developments relating to Corona virus pandemic, the Managing Committee of Mahmood Habib Masjid and Islamic Centre is forced to take actions listed below. This is consistent with the actions taken by other Masajid and Islamic Centers across the World.
We request you to adhere to the following rules while visiting Masjid:
1. Regular Salah will continue with maximum of 15 people. Reminder: Praying in congregation is not Fard given the current situation. You are strongly encouraged to pray at home.
2. There will be no lecture before the Juma Salah. Arabic Khutba will begin at 1:30 pm followed by Juma Salah.
3. Please make wudu at home. The toilets at the Masjid have been locked and will remain locked indefinitely until the situation improves.
4. The Masjid will remain locked throughout the day. It will be opened 10 minutes prior to the Adhan and closed immediately after the Salah. Musalli’s are requested to pray Sunnah at home.
5. Stay at home if you have symptoms of cold, cough, headache, fever, shortness of breath, conjunctivitis. Contact your primary care doctor for further advice. Avoid visiting the Masjid for 14 days.
6. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or alternatively use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
7. Bring your own disposal prayer mats (plastic or paper bags) to pray at the Center.
8. No handshakes, hugs or close physical contact to prevent the spread of the virus.
9. If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so in a tissue or your elbow to avoid any spread of droplets.
10. Elderly in the community are strongly advised to stay home and avoid large gatherings as they are at high risk of getting infected with poor chance of recovery.
11. If you are a caretaker of elders, you should not come to the Masjid.
12. If you have elderly relatives staying with you, please avoid coming to the masjid as there is a danger of you infecting the elderly.
13. Women and children are strongly advised to not come to the Masjid.
14. DO NOT visit Masjid if you or a household member has traveled internationally recently. Wait for 14 days before you visit the Masjid.
NOTE: If management of the Masjid notices you are not well, you may be asked to leave the premises to ensure the safety of others.
The Management of the Masjid will continue to monitor the situation closely and will keep you informed appropriately. In the interim if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
May Allah keep us safe from this calamity and make it a means of reflection and a means of drawing closer to Allah (SWT) and seeking His pleasure in all that we say and do. We are living in unprecedented times and ask Allah for His protection and forgiveness.