- Abu Hurairah (RA) narrates that Rasoolullahﷺ said: “He who believes in Allahﷻ and the Last Day, should speak what is good or be silent.” (Bukhari)
- Umm Habiba (RA), wife of Rasoolullahﷺ narrates that Rasoolullahﷺ said: “The words of the son of Adam are against him except enjoining good, prohibiting evil or remembering Allah.” (Tirmidhi)
- ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar (RA) narrates that Rasoolullahﷺ said: “Do not speak too much except in glorifying Allahﷻ, for talking too much without remembering Allahﷻ causes hardness of the heart. And amongst the people farthest away from Allahﷻ are those, whose hearts are hard.” (Tirmidhi)
- Mughirah ibn Shu’bah (RA) narrates that he heard Rasoolullahﷺ saying: “Indeed Allah has disliked three habits for you: 1) gossiping, 2) squandering wealth, and 3) asking too many questions.” (Bukhari)
- Mu‘awiyah ibn Hidah (RA) narrates: I heard Rasoolullahﷺ saying: “Woe to him who says something false just to make people laugh; woe to him, woe to him.” (Tirmidhi)
- Did we thank and praise Allah?
- Did we mention Rasoolullahﷺ ?
- Did we remember the Aakhira?
- Did we learn anything useful?
Caveat: Don’t talk about Matha’ail.